Old
07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead
What you're forgetting is that Kiprusoff did not play in San Jose the way he played in Calgary. Some guys need to be the starter to really show their stuff. I think Noronen could be that type of player, and Phoenix can't stick with what they've got. Although David LeNeveu is coming up and he could be the piece that has been missing in goal, since Khabibulan left, although he would need some time. If you could get Noronen cheap, I say do it, otherwise, wait for LeNeveu.
Sutter knew how good Kipper really was and the talent he has from his years as coach of the Sharks. He knew the uninspiring numbers weren't the result of his play but the team as a whole and he was willing, along with the Canucks, to offer a 2nd round choice for such a talented guy. That is the going rate for a good backup and that's is just about the maxium you can get for a backup. Kolanos is worth about a second round pick tops and I think an extra '05 draft pick, say around 3rd or 4th, should be the value Noronen is hovering around. If the 'Yotes are to add a guy like Spiller or Ballard then that 3rd or 4th needs to be flipped to them. Something is definitely workable here.