Old
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Anyone who thinks Torts should be fired is being extremely ignorant. We already fired one coach a couple of years ago, so do you really think the coaching is the #1 problem? Saying "Fire Torts" is such a cop-out response to this team's struggles. Wanna know why we're not that good? We don't have much TALENT! That's it, and it's gonna take some time for us to get better.
Ah, I'm ignorant, thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't want him hired to begin with.

Both last year and this year, I think the consensus was that we should finish between 6th and 10th. Last season, we finished 9th. We'll probably do the same this year. Is that awful, compared to wear we expected to be? No. But it's on the lower end of what this team is capable of.

Is he doing an awful job? I don't think so.

Is he doing a good job? Not in my opinion. It's more of a "meh" thing.

Obviously, Glen Sather is the ultimate problem. But he's going nowhere. Should I just resign myself to perpetual mediocrity? Nah, I'm not doing that. Cut bait, try something else, maybe we'll end up 6th or 7th instead of 9th or 10th.

It's not as if losing Tortorella would be this horrible event. What is the worst that could happen? Finishing 11th instead of 9th?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote