02-20-2011, 03:21 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
Some quotes have now been posted:

http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/...ed-vs-rangers/

Quote:
After a few scary minutes, Boucher was back on his feet and shaking off what was called a “stinger.”

“When you’re on the bench you don’t know – you can sit there and guess, and we did,” coach Peter Laviolette told reporters at Madison Square Garden. “We probably had six or seven good guesses going as to what it was, and we were all wrong. Sniper was the one that I was not believing.”

Boucher described a pain and numbness down his arm after colliding awkwardly with Kimmo Timonen and crashing to the ice.

“[Trainer Jim McCrossin] came out and said, it’s gonna come back, it’s gonna come back,” Boucher told reporters.

The veteran netminder said his neck wrenched to the right a little bit on the play. General manager Paul Holmgren said he thought it was a back injury – and he was also wrong.

Sergei Bobrovsky was stretching in preparation to relieve him, but Boucher stayed in then game.

“I didn’t feel as good as I felt before, but you wanna stay in there,” Boucher told reporters. “It’s not a situation you wanna put your partner in where you put him in cold late in a game like that where they’re pressing. I felt good enough to go. I felt like it was my game, I started it, so I wanted to see it through.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote