View Single Post
Old
02-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
I've been questioning Tortorella's in game decisions for weeks in my head. Glad I'm not the only one.

I get why he juggles lines so much, even though I disagree with it. What I don't understand is why you've got Boyle and Prust on the ice in the last two minutes of a game you're losing by one goal. They go off in favor of Dubinsky's line and then Boyle and Prust are out again the very next shift. Hell, I even get why you might do that with Boyle, given all the big goals he's scored for us this season, but there is no reason why Prust's skates should touch the ice in the last 90 seconds of a one goal game that you're losing. It's symptomatic of what's been driving me crazy about Tortorella since he got here. He's got "his guys" and sometimes that's more to the detriment of the team than the benefit.

This team has had serious passing issues since he got here. They also have timing issues. How many times have we seen offsides on important rushes? I've been saying this for a long time: they don't spend enough time maintaining their fundamentals. These things fall squarely on the coach.

That being said, this team is essentially two, albeit difficult to obtain, players from being a top team in the East. I'm willing to see how the next couple of years pan out with this group.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote