View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 07:30 AM
wazee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I know that "Goalie to Colorado" idea is getting old, but Colorado needs to get a quality starter who can carry the load.I know the Avs won big tonight, but they were playing Chicago and it isn't a fair way to guage the season.

Colorado:Martin Biron,Tim Connolly,4th Rounder
Buffalo:Alex Tanguay,Martin Skoula,Dan Hinote

Colorado gets a goalie who can keep this team very competitive and is only 26 years old.They may lose Tanguay, but get a player back in Connolly, who could produce like Tanguay in offensive friendly Colorado.

Buffalo gets a so called "leech", but let's face it he has some good playmaking skills, and him,Satan,and Drury on the same line would be nice.Martin Skoula is a nice young defenseman who could improve greatly to become a good 2/3 defenseman.I don't think losing Skoula would hurt Colorado a lot, because they still have Morris,Foote,Blake and Keith Ballard could be ready in a year or two.Dan Hinote is a great energy guy who I would love to have.He gives 110% and plays with intensity.

Thoughts?
This is not the right deal for the Avs. I firmly believe the Avs will get an experienced goalie before the playoffs. Although Biron has at least proved he is an NHL-caliber starting goalie, he does not have the playoff experience the Avs will be looking for. Besides that, given the goalie market at the present, the Avs would be overpaying....and they would be creating a hole on defense which they would have to fill via trade.

The more I look at this deal, the less I like it...