View Single Post
Old
02-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I do agree though that this draft isn't as weak as people are making it out to be. There's no Stamkos/Doughty, Tavares/Hedman/Duchene, or Taylor/Tyler debate, but a pick at 10 or 20 or 30 this year will be just as much of a player as it was last year or 09. Those drafts were sure as hell deeper into the later rounds, but 2011 has some good talent into the beginning of the 3rd round, 60 or so players.

80% of the people on this board who say it's a weak draft are also people who have never seen a live Junior game in their life. Including many on this subforum.
I stand by my comments that what I have heard is that this is a weak draft.
So watching Junior games on television does not count?

With this premise, then those who watch tape of prospects such as scouts shouldn't be taken seriously either.

I disagree with the premise. Sure many may not have watched a junior game live, but there ARE plenty of games available on tv where we can see the prospects with our own eyes and hear the assessments of others.

Granted, I am NO EXPERT. Not many of us are. But when those who seemingly in the know talk about it, I believe that it then a valid conclusion.
Many of us don't