View Single Post
Old
02-20-2011, 09:49 PM
habspinner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Malone View Post
LOL at all the Habs fans explaining why the Coyotes do this deal.

Just because Gomez's cap hit is 21.5m and he only gets paid 17.5m does not mean it's a good deal. It's still the worst deal in hockey. Why on earth does Don Maloney even think about this.

Again...Phoenix is not a cap floor team. There cap right now is 2m less than the Leafs and they have young guys like Yandle/Bryzgalov/Upshall/Boedker that need to be resigned.

Just because you traded for Gomez does not mean there is another GM out there idiotic enough to take on the contract.
Well, I'm pretty sure the deal was out there. The guy who reported on this is, like I said, a Habs beat reporter, and even he admitted that when he first heard the rumor he was very skeptical, but he did get confirmation.

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but this guy is not a blogger, he is RDS' version of Darren Dreger - not correct 100% of the time, but still well informed.

I think people would be surprised about the market for Gomez, if there was a market when he had 5 years left on his contract, there surely is a market with 3 years left, and 2 of those years being significantly lower in value.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote