View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
the org now has to draft and develop the forwards needed. there must be a constant pipeline of talent coming from MAN to LA. without having this pipeline, your 'one and done' look at CHI this season. in the salary cap era a team needs to be able to supplement players lost to $$$, with equal talent but for less $$$. the depth is also necessary to fill injured players and remain in the playoff race. the West is ridiculous and in order to stay in the race teams have to have depth.
Sorry, but I would take Chicago's "one and done" over almost every Kings season in their 44 year history. Who wouldn't?? So Chi is out of a playoff spot right now - they're a few pts out, and even if they miss the playoffs - so what? They still have a GREAT young offensive core to build around (and as they and Philly proved, you can pick up almost any young goalie that gets hot and ride him to the finals)

Philly finished dead last a few years ago - look at them now, they just played in the SCF and they're right back at the top of the East.

And there's no guarantee that Lombardi's plan will ever work. 4 years of DL = 6 playoff games. That may be as good as it gets (at least the silly claims "DL's rebuild is ahead of schedule" have died down - ha!) And remember that 29 other teams are also trying to build through the draft.

I'll never mock any Stanley Cup winning team for whatever happens to them after the fact - at least they won it!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote