Thread: Proposal: Tor-Pit
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Skk82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrinski View Post
Also, Mac is gonna be looking for a raise next season, don't know how he'd work with Pen's cap.
If the cap goes up the $3 million figure that's reported, the Pens will have about $9-10 million to get 3 4th liners, replace/re-sign Dupuis and get a top six forward or two.

So they could probably afford a guy like MacArthur, but I'm not sure he'd be their prime target. He's got arbitration rights and is a pending UFA after that and even though he's having a great year this season, what's to see he's not the expendable type guy he was in Buffalo when he gets to Pittsburgh?

The Pens almost certainly won't part with Goligoski this season, it's more likely to be next year if/when a prospect (Despres, Bortuzzo, Strait) shows he's a viable NHL option.

Even then, I'd prefer trying to add a little more for a Devin Setoguchi type player than get a guy like MacArthur.

Value wise this deal isn't bad, but for all the other factors I don't think either Toronto or Pittsburgh would really discuss a deal like this.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote