View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
I agree that the Hawks have/had depth and could afford to let a couple of their cup team players go and still be competitive, I am not as certain that they can get back to the promised land but time will tell.

The Wings say hello to the notion that all you get is your one cup and then can't get another until after you totally retool in the new NHL.

That is what I am saying and I don't remember using the word Dynasty once. What I am saying is that we are building enough overall depth to where we can steadily feed talented young players onto our team each season (or use them as assets for deals to fill specific holes) and in that we can be a legitimate cup contender for years to come as opposed to being a team that gets one shot and then either has to completely retool or have a massive overhaul.

It can be done it just takes time and one of the best scouting systems in the game and a plan.

We have the goaltending depth. We are over run with defencive depth. We have enough character/grinders up front. We need to finish developing our skill/talent depth and we will be ready. That doesn't mean that you don't make a deal for a player today if you can get the specific fit that you are trying to develop and get onto your team depending on the cost.

It does mean that if you don't make a deal for anything less than specifically what you need but that is just my opinion.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote