View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
When Redden, Drury, and Rozy were the targets, everyone (almost) piled on. When it's Avery, some folks all of a sudden don't think it's "fair". Hey, we have one thread dedicated to the suckiness of Redden as a pinned entity. But Avery has "excuses" for his bad play.

My favorite comment in the thread so far, is that fans that watch the game can see that Avery is playing well, presuming that those of us who aren't happy with him are just reading box scores. Priceless.
Chosen, I think the fact that with Avery not everyone is piling on speaks volumes.
There are no arguments that can made for Redden and Drury at this point. Avery can be helpful when deployed with a specific intention.

Rozy got abuse but also alot of defense, because even someof us that wanted him gone didn't think he was a terrible player, we were just ready to move on. Rozy has redeeming qualities.
Avery is much the same. While his play has dropped off, used correctly he could still be effective. When Avery has lost all usefullness to the team everyone will pile on just like Redden and Drury.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The coach refused to use him in the way the best fits Avery's game. That doesn't excuse Avery from criticism though, he's a professional and needs to rise to whatever role he's given.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote