Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Hodgson up, Oberg down
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
So far Hodgson has looked like the best 4th line C we've had this year. Naturally he should be on the roster. He's a smart kid and with PP time I see no issues with ice-time. A lot of youngsters are brought in on the 4th line. They don't have to jump right into a scoring role. He was looking better and better when he was up and could be the answer there.

Oreskovich has looked a bit restrained out there like he doesn't want to make a mistake, but he labels people when he hits, packs a whallop and could just need some time to settle into a role. Much better option than Volpatti in that role already. At least he's got some size to him. It's all about your 4th line being tough to play against, and with Glass' effort, Hodgson's smarts and Oreskovich's physicality, this could be that type of line.

Looks like they're trying to develop a 4th line down the stretch.

Everyone wants Reasoner, but he's slow, I'd be willing to bet that if Hodgson started camp healthy and on the Panthers' roster, he'd be doing a lot better than Reasoner's 25 points in 18 minutes and night and PP time. There is literally nothing in that forward group past Weiss and Booth. Sometimes the grass isn't greener. Experience would be nice, but no point giving up a good asset for a hole we may be able to fill in house. I'm sure Marty Reasoner over Hodgson isn't going to hinder us at all come playoff time.

Unless you think those 8 points in 23 playoff games back at the turn of the decade is going to make the difference...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote