View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Yeah, Loods in the playoffs really solidified himself as a guy we should have held on to.
It wasn't just the playoffs IMO - despite the few hand-grenade moments he had each season that got tons of attention, Lydman was still the best all-around defenseman the team had since the lockout. He wasn't dominant in any one category (offensively, defensively, physically, mobility-wise) but was solid enough in all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
There really haven't been many examples of Leopold being afraid to take hits to make plays though. I thought he's been decent in terms of handling physicality and he's definitely more want to initiate contact than Tallinder ever was.
I disagree - Leopold seems to get routinely muscled off the puck or pushed out of position when battling around the net. As for initiating contact, I have yet to see him be aggressive or assert himself physically - to the contrary, he seems to rely on making himself either an obstacle for opponents to go around or, failing that, try fishing with his stick to try and poke-check a puck off an opponent's stick. Tallinder did the same thing.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote