Thread: Waived: Nik Hagman (Calgary)
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 01:30 PM
tiger_80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Maybe he can't in Calgary for some reason, but he has in the past. 07/08 season for Dallas he scored 4 shorties and was a regular PKer for them. They were 2nd in the NHL that year. It seems like he may be more of a victim of circumstance in Calgary (ie not a Sutter type of guy). He doesn't hit much, but from what I remember watching him with the Leafs he was always aggressive on the forecheck.

I think its worth the pick up if we move Penner (which I think we should). Hagman has a deadly release and would be a motivated pick-up due to being waived, as well as being in a contract year next year. Seems he's just the type that needs the right kind of coach, but if Renney's that guy and he puts up 25+ for us next year, he'll be worth a 2nd for sure at the 2012 deadline. Again, this likely only happens if we have a deal in place for Penner
And one of Hemsky/Penner WILL be traded. We know Tambellini is asking a heavy price, but with the play-off race being so tight and so many teams under pressure to make play-offs, someone will pay the price--make no mistake about. WeŽll soon find out if it will be LA, Atlanta, Washington, or a team that has not surfaced in rumors yet.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote