Thread: Waived: Nik Hagman (Calgary)
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
tiger_80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
I don't think they will..There are quite a few B options out there in Kovalev, Arnott, Weiss, Zherdev, etc, and the top teams, such as Philly and Van won't be making much for moves. IMO, teams like Pitts, La, Mont, etc, will make cheap moves because they don't believe there will be enough difference in picking up Hemsky/Penner to make them better than those teams and put them closer to the cup. They won't want to spend the asking price for a slight difference.....I think they'll both still be Oilers after the deadline..
I would have agreed with you last week, but seeing how the play-off race in the West is getting even tighter and teams making moves, the pressure on some GMs will only increase. Letīs say Lombardi trades B assets for a few months of Arnott or Kovalev. LA could still misses the play-offs.

Letīs say Schenn lives up to the expectations and puts a solid 40 points next season as a rookie (optimistic scenario). Does he turn LA into a contender next year? probably not. Add to this, that some of their key veterans are riding into the twilight of their careers (Smyth, Handzus, Williams) and Doughty will have to be re-signed next year making it more difficult to add impac players. I believe Lombardi has a lot less wiggle room than many LA fans like to think. LA risks becoming next yearīs version of CHI WITHOUT the cup to show.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote