View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Mad Habber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
In my opinion it's way too hard to get a big body top 6 player that can score without giving up a lot. You need to draft those players and develop them. But I still think it's possible to get bigger in the bottom 6 without giving up too much.

The only thing I'd do at the deadline is if the oppurtunity comes up to move Kostitsyn or Gomez (if another center somehow comesback) we do it. That's it.
I agree with this. With so much of our important pieces gone for the year on D, it would cost too much for us to contend. Any trades PG makes should be made with the future in mind rather than the present. With what has been traded so far for Versteeg, Fisher, etc, and what is rumoured for Penner, Hemsky, etc, I really think we should unload Kostitsyn. And this is coming from a fan of Kostitsyn. The fresh start would do him good. The first and prospect or one for one player return would has to still be here next year to help us. Goat, just don't go get a 5th and a Festerling or someone who is 3-4-5 years away from playing on our 4th line.

As for Gomez, if anyone wants to give us anything for him, I'd take it. Even if it's a player who is 3-4-5 years away from playing on our 4th line. If we have to play the rest of the year with Pleks/DD/Eller/Halpern down the middle, I'm fine with that.