View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Swe_hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I agree with this. With so much of our important pieces gone for the year on D, it would cost too much for us to contend. Any trades PG makes should be made with the future in mind rather than the present. With what has been traded so far for Versteeg, Fisher, etc, and what is rumoured for Penner, Hemsky, etc, I really think we should unload Kostitsyn. And this is coming from a fan of Kostitsyn. The fresh start would do him good. The first and prospect or one for one player return would has to still be here next year to help us. Goat, just don't go get a 5th and a Festerling or someone who is 3-4-5 years away from playing on our 4th line.

As for Gomez, if anyone wants to give us anything for him, I'd take it. Even if it's a player who is 3-4-5 years away from playing on our 4th line. If we have to play the rest of the year with Pleks/DD/Eller/Halpern down the middle, I'm fine with that.
I also would like to shed Gomez 7,35 mil cap hit. Assuming any team is stupid enough to go through with this there are however obvious problems with this reasoning. For one: how do we replace him? The only really good center available through free agency this summer i Richards (whom have already turned us down once). Other than that the only ones that are interesting are Backes and Connolly (even though he's quite the gamble due to his history of injuries).

So if the FA-market is not an option. What do we do then? Hope that Eller will have a bigger impact next season and can fill the 2nd line center position, or that Leblanc will be ready?