View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 03:53 PM
JayBee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Agreed...not to get into another debate here, but if Ryan McDonagh is what the Habs lost by trying to upgrade their center position, oh well...I can live with that.

As for the rest, I agree...make calculated risks, but is right now the time where the habs should be taking that risk?

When you step away from the current drama and performance of the team, I think from an organizational growth standpoint, the Habs have to be extremely happy with how the season has gone so far. The young players have really stepped in and claimed a spot on the habs and have had a say into where the habs are positionned this year, especially when you consider the Habs are missing their best and most influential player in Andrei Markov.

However, the veterans on this this team this year...have largely disapointed, they need more from not only Gomez, but Gionta, Cammalleri, and yes...even Plekanec.
I don't think you build your team through the trade deadline. However, I think you can make a trade or two that can pay dividends not just this year, but the year after, and the year after that. What I mean is, there are some non-ufa's available.

I have been calling for moves for some time now...and I think moves will need to be made for the next year or 2 years to get the team to where it needs to be. Habs have a lot of depth, but not a lot of "good" depth if you know what I mean. I just don't know if Gainey and Gauthier are the right guys for this task. I guess we'll see.