View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
A 500K player who projects to be a bottom-six player in the NHL makes a lot more sense to play on the 4th line then a 3M offensive player. Yes, neither Bouma or Nemisz would score more than Hagman, but then again, no ones expecting them too. They would simply be better fits on the 4th line.

I don't think this move necessarily projects to a bigger deal down the road in any case. Feaster could simply be seeing if any team was willing to take Hagman and his 3M cap hit for next year off our hands. I think we can assume he tried to trade him but either they were no takers or no viable deal(i.e. no salary back) presented itself. Plus, if Hagman clears, the Flames don't have to assign him to Abbotsford or recall anyone. He could always slot back into the top-9 should an injury or cold streak strikes. And in this, I do agree with Lunatik that Hagman is a better insurance against injury than anyone in the minors.
Hagman was a checker in the NHL for quite a while before he broke out for the Stars for a few years... he skates well, works hard and can chip in a little offensively... neither Nemisz or Bouma can compare to that... stop kidding yourself...

and again I reiterate... if Feaster wants to play the kids he could simply sit Hagman in the pressbox... this is not a move to create a roster spot... if anything this could seriously backfire if a team we are fighting for the playoffs with picks up Hagman... this better be part of something bigger or feaster is showing that he is incapable of managing this franchise

and don't give me the 'it saves cap space for next year' argument because we could shed that salary during the summer

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote