Thread: Waived: Nik Hagman (Calgary)
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
CSimpson18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
We don't need to pick up every single player that goes on waivers. Usually, there's a good reason why they're on waivers.
If I'm not mistaken the only waiver pick up we've grabbed that stuck is Ryan Jones, correct? I think we got Smac and maybe that headcase boulerice too but there's no risk there. I'm happy with Jones. I'm sure NYI and PHX are happy with a couple of their waiver pickups also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
At 3 million a year, 90 percent of that value comes from his bread making skill set. He is a highly skilled offensive player. Much like Robert Nilsson was. He does not play a physical, two-way checking style of game. Therefore is not useful in the bottom six. Oh yeah, he's a smurf too.
One of those 210lb smurfs, cool. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
True, except that you're stuck with his contract for next year. By picking him up you're either a) denying an opportunity for a prospect next season in the bottom six winger position or b) stuck with paying his contract if no one picks him on waivers.
In the roster in my head I definitely do not promise a spot to either of Hartikainen or Lander. They can go to the AHL and earn it, or blow the doors off at camp. They DEFINITELY shouldn't show up for camp knowing there's a spot open for either of them. Competition is important and there is room for Hagman despite what people say. Not to mention that I don't want Harti or Lander playing on the big club in a fourth line role getting 8 minutes a night. They should earn 3rd line spots or develop playing top minutes in OKC.

13 forwards next October:

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky-Penner-Horcoff-Eberle-Pajaarvi-Cogliano-Omark-Jones-Reddox-x-x.
That's two empty spots, one could be filled by Hagman and the other could rotate between whatever rookie was kicking ass in OKC. Hell, I kind of hope Cogs is out the door too, assuming someone would offer a decent pick for him. Maybe I forgot someone?

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote