View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
habspinner

vCash: 500
Really the Kostitsyn brothers in Montreal have been nothing short of a disaster, and really you can extend it to Grabovski as well. I do think that management wants to trade him to simply move on from this experience which has been negative unfortunately for most parties.

The thing is, it's not just the players fault, like it's not just the managements fault, like it's not just the media's fault. Really it's a combination of everything together that has made this just go so wrong.

I only hope that the Habs learn from this experience and shelter their young players better, which they seem to be doing a better job of now.

What is going to happen here is that Andrei is going to be traded for a reclamation project. So I guess go onto some rosters and find a good, but struggling winger, for similar salaries and you have a trading partner.
If PG doesn't find that, he's not going to make the trade. It's better to sign him in the offseason to a smaller contract and give him a reduced role for a year.

It's pointless to trade this asset, it's not like Sergei who was being benched and was a distraction apparently in the room.

I am not one to go on a hate rant, but if the Habs trade Andrei for garbage, then things are sad in Habsland because that tells me we have a pretty crap GM.

I don't think that's so much the case, because I like his evaluation of talent, and I like the deals that he has made so far. The Skost trade we were cornered into, this was as much the players fault for lowering his value so much by his early season tirade.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote