View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tact View Post
If Hodgson is going to be our 4th line center going into the playoffs, than coach AV and MG really look stupid.

This problem could have been solved since day 1 of training camp signing Brendan Morrison. Morrison playing on the 4th line brings face-off ability, PK ability, speed, experience, leadership, and can fill on the top 3 lines in case of an injury. He could have also centered our 2nd unit PP. For only $725K and no assets required to boot!

What a bonehead decision. So much for wanting a "tough" 4th line and going with the scrub Bolduc that worked so well . Not only would Morrison fit admirably, but would let Hodgson develop in Manitoba playing 18+ minutes a game.

How does signing Morrison make our 4th line tougher? And Brendan is not all that great at face offs. Pretty average if I remember correct. This team is also chalk full of quality PKers so I don't think he would have helped in that regard either. We also have the #1 PP so again... What upgrade?

The only current Canuck I would take Morrison over is Tambellini. Hardly qualifies as a bonehead decision. And who knows whats demands Brendan had as far as playing time and such.

settinguptheplay is offline   Reply With Quote