View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 07:14 PM
CSimpson18

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Grod;31121347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
I disagree. You called him a smurf which can only mean you thought he was small. I feel pretty comfortable saying you don't know the player. He played pk in Dallas and had 4 shorties 3 years ago, he's played all over from 1st to 4th lines around the league and he's done reasonably well. He was just a victim of the salary cap and limited roster space in Calgary. That's not to say he's a world beater but he brings experience and Ryan Jones-type offense from the bottom of the roster.[/QUOTE]

Calling him a smurf was me implying that he was small in playing style or physically small. Not and, or.

I feel comfortable saying you were grabbing for straws by jumping on a useable asset and rationalizing a team need for him. Now you are too stubborn to admit that we really don't need him. He's not a bargain at 3 mill by any means. I wonder if that ever occured to you. You're rationale sames like the same one that got Sutter fired.

He's closing in on a half a hit of game. Exactly like Jones without the physical, high energy aspect.

Rationalizing a team need? I think the word you're looking for is "recognizing". JFJ and SMac, nuf said.

I'd prefer a guy like David Clarkson, a NJD fan asked about a Cogs-Clarkson swap. If we could pull something like that off Hagman would not be necessary.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote