Old
02-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CSimpson18;31122484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post

Rationalizing a team need? I think the word you're looking for is "recognizing". JFJ and SMac, nuf said.

I'd prefer a guy like David Clarkson, a NJD fan asked about a Cogs-Clarkson swap. If we could pull something like that off Hagman would not be necessary.
Clarkson would be recognizing a team need that from my perspective isn't as imminent as you seem to suggest. What exactly would an addition of a 3 million dollar skilled winger with limited offensive upside, streaky play and a somewhat withdrawn physical game do for our current place. Occupy a roster spot that is better off being occupied by a younger cheaper version of himself with potential.

I don't view Hagman to having very usable bottom six potential. Argue you all you will in Hagmans defense. I have seen him play enough to know we are not in need of his ilk but should solely focus on developing our own. One's that do add an element of physicality to our team. How on earth can you begin to argue that Hagman brings a high energy physical game like Jones?! Beyond me. His stick skills stand out to me. He protects the puck well with his size. But these being the proponents of his game and having watched him play view him ineffective and a temporary fix.

Adding salary without a long term solution is one thing but if you swap salaries and improve in a category we are so painfully lacking were making head-way.

Last edited by Grod: 02-21-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Grod is offline   Reply With Quote