Old
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Ugh. Well, here we go.

Gives the team experience. It seems you want all youth in our bottom 6. I want a vet. We're going to need at least one new player to replace JFJ or SMac(I hope), we don't have guys ready to step in out of camp. Do you want Lander and Hartikainen to come to camp with a spot waiting for them? Internal competition is a good thing. Hamilton need at least a year in OKC. Also Hagman could fill in in the top 6 in case of injuries.

Not sure. You show me where I began to argue that and then we'll talk.

That's the worst sentence in the history of the language. I'm sorry if you aren't a native english speaker. If you are, well, I'm still sorry...

What do you mean by long term solution? He's got one year after this. Oilers have boatloads of cap space and theres no very appealing UFAs to spend it on. We are painfully lacking in veteran presence, so I think that's something Hagman would address. I know its not ideal but he's actually a pretty decent player and quite versatile.

Let me stress that he would NOT steal a roster spot from any of our young guys. If you want to argue that with me show me what you think the roster will look like next October, then we can talk.
You compared his impact to Jones' offensive contribution. Why? Because they have similar stat lines but vastly different playing styles. Hagman is a vet with worldly skill. He is great at performing the dissappearing act. 3 million to add a veteran presence? Okay Darryl.

As for the english comment. Keep the personal attacks to yourself. There's such a thing as reading comprehension. Let's leave it at that.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote