View Single Post
Old
02-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
I said he could bring Jones-like offense from the bottom of the roster. As in a 3rd/4th liner that could pot some goals. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. He had 69 goals in the three seasons previous to this.
Adding offense without a physical or aggressive style continues to make this team redundant. Clarkson is an example of what we need and comparable to Jones. Not Hagman. He brings Jones like offense without the upside we need in his character and physical play. In addition to the relentless work ethic and great attitude. At the price of 3 mill no less. But wait, we have a ton of cap space so let's use it without helping the team long term. Jones makes $975,000. If we can add another one of him by all means lets take a look at it. Even for 2 million it's something considerable. As long as he brings the other elements I noted.

We have cap space so let's occupy it with one-dimensional veteran offensive players. That sounds like a rationalization to me. Having cap space doesn't mean you need to find a way to occupy it.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote