View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 12:05 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
But at the price that these players are going for? When you hear a team like Edmonton asking for Schenn and a 1st round pick for an oft injured, never a point per game player, only hit 20 goals once in his 7 year career, I don't blame Lombardi not pulling the trigger. It's a bad year to be a buyer, and a very good year to be a seller.
I'm sure he would've liked to grab Neal, but I'm betting that the asking price from the Stars was probably more due to the fact the Kings are in the same division. Would you have been happy with Lombardi giving up Johnson for Neal? He would be filling one hole, and opening up another, a top 4 spot on the back end.
Why would Neal cost Johnson? Has anyone officially stated that was what it would cost, or are you making that up?

Johnson >>>>>> Goligoski

I get that Dallas and the Kings are in the same division, and L.A. probably would have had to overpay for Neal (unless Dallas just wanted to get rid of him which appear to be the case), but I have yet to see that Dallas was asking for Johnson in return.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote