View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 12:32 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Because clearly Dallas wanted a D man for Neal, and the only two D-men we have that are as good or better than Gologoski would be Johnson or Doughty. There's no way of knowing if Dallas/LA discussed Neal, but if they did, it would have almost guaranteed centred around a defenseman as good as or greater than Gologoski. Would you trade Doughty or Johnson for Neal and Niskanen? I doubt it, nevermind the fact Dallas may ask for more simply because we are in the same conference.

I'm sure if Pittsburgh had landed Neal for a few draft picks DL would have been involved, but for Johnson/Doughty he'd have been lynched if he did that deal.
I agree with this.

However, I feel that we won't know how good our lower-tier defensemen are until we give them NHL minutes. Are Voynov, Muzzin, and Hickey ready for the big stage? Considering the depth at D, I might have considered trading Johnson for Neal.

At least DL would fill a glaring hole without necessarily opening up a new one. Yeah it would suck to lose JJ, but you have to give to get.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote