View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Cooperman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
Yes I know how good Mackinnon is, I have seen him play several times and I think he has the potential to be a very great player one day. Although I would not compare him to Lindros if I had to pick someone to compare to. I mean, sure he's physical but he's definitely not the 6'4 monster Lindros was. The main problem I had with the statement was comparing Max Domi to Crosby. First of all he was no where near the best player at Canada games nor was he the best player on his team. Hes not even the clear cut favorite for 1st overall in the ohl draft this year. In crosbys case he was clear cut to go 1st overall in the q draft and dominated the winter games being a year younger than most of the competition. Domi also seems to be more of a guy that would rather do it all on his own and dangle, where as crosby has always been such a great passer rather than trying to do it all. Domi is not near the player crosby was and doesnt even play the same style of game....I just see absolutely no comparison in the 2 players.
Have not seen Domi played yet. I have the bronze medal game on tape, I'll look at him in the next couple of days.

But reading the comments and report of Scoutman 1 on Domi in the CWG, I agree with you that he seems to be a little bit overhyped.

Don Cherry, someone?

Cooperman is offline   Reply With Quote