Old
02-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
How is that risky though? There was no risk in bringing in Hasek when you had Joseph or Osgood behind him, How is bringing in Hull, Larionov, Luc, Coffey, risky when you have the core of Federov, Fetisov, Lidstrom, Shanahan, etc?

The guy said that risk-adverse people don't make it big in the NHL, I am asking him, what risks have Detroit taken?
The Kings are nowhere near being in the position Detroit has been in for 20 years. It started with Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom and continued with Datsuyk and Zetterberg. They have been able to simply cherry pick future hall of famers with their incredible draft choices to keep rolling like a machine. Have the Kings drafted anybody like Yzerman or Lidstrom? No. Therefore, Dean Lombardi is not in the same position as a Detroit GM. Does he need to get ripped off? No. He's taken enough gambles and lost on players like Rob Blake, Cloutier, etc.. As a King fan I expect the GM to do his job and improve the team every day of the year. I'm a fan, not an accountant, I want the team to win. It's his job to figure out how to accomplish that and my job is to cook up some mac n cheese and watch the Kings on TV.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote