Old
02-22-2011, 02:28 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Building for the long haul instead of a short window? Letting the kids develop instead of rushing them? Detroit took a while to get to the point where they are. Them being able to add players didnt happen overnight.
They stated with different players than the Kings have. Building for the long haul I agree with. Detroit started that build with future HOFers, the Kings have not. The Kings will have to find different ways to gain their success than fans simply saying copy Detroit's method! Detroit started their build with the drafting of Steve Yzerman. The Kings started their build with the drafting of players like Dustin Brown, Kopitar and Doughty-completely different model. The factor in the dreaded salary cap. It's funny how that argument of rushing kids and short term winning is always used when arguing with King fans. No group of fans are better at adding in stuff to make their argument appear stronger than it is. Where did I condone short term winning or rushing kids anywhere in my opinion? And please answer the question, don't sidestep it like the typical response.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote