Past Kings Draft, Trade, Free Agent Signing Discussion
View Single Post
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by
"Dithers implies either fear or indecisiveness, neither of which describes Lombardi very well. If anything, he's entrenched in his own philosophy and stubborn about stepping outside of it. Which of course you would want to be, if you believed in yourself and had the courage of your convictions. All of which is the opposite of indecisive.
Does she understand she's put-out because Lombardi isn't desperate and/or panicky enough for her?"
"Other examples of
* Ryan Smyth acquired for Kyle Quincey and Tom Preissing.
* Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene acquired for Lubomir Visnovsky.
* Jack Johnson acquired for Tim Gleason and Eric Belanger.
* Trevor Lewis and Patrick O'Sullivan (see Justin Williams) for Pavol Demitra.
* Fredrik Modin acquired for a conditional pick, the condition being the 210th pick if the Kings win the cup.
* Oscar Moller, via pick acquired in Norstrom trade.
* Colten Teubert and Nicolas Deslauriers*, via picks acquired in Norstrom and Mike Cammalleri trades.
* Wayne Simmonds, via pick acquired for Brent Sopel.
* Marc-Andre Cliche acquired for Sean Avery.
* Brad Richardson for a pick.
* Marco Sturm for...nothing.
* Sean O`Donnell for...nothing again.
I will defend DL to the core, but his one weakness is a lack of demonstrated willingness to make a huge trade to show he's going for it. The biggest immediate impact trade he's done in LA is the Smyth one, and as great of a deal as that was, it wasn't done because DL was "going for it," it was done as a piece of the bigger puzzle.
Our team is now much closer to the going for it stage, even by DL's own 5 year plan standard, and he needs to show a willingness next year to open up and make a push to get that last piece or two we need.
I believe in DL and am a huge supporter, but in the next 12 months, he needs to find a legitimate 40 goal guy, likely a 2nd line centre and probably a few solid veterans for depth/bolster the lower lines and D.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by kingsfan