View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Nashville fans have a history of placing unreasonable expectations on offensive defensemen. Too often, if they're not a rock defensively, any points they put up are overlooked. I speak more about say, Zidlicky than Delmore...I am being reasonable...but sometimes it seems that way with Franson as well.

I think his skating, speed, physicality, and overall defensive game have improved by leaps and bounds since last year. With that said, he does make mistakes, he does get beat sometimes...but you take the good with the bad. I think his defensive game is good enough to get him by, and his offensive game, especially his first pass and shot, make him a valuable weapon.
I agree.

He's never going to be Shea Weber defensively, or skating.

Offensively his skill set is nice. Good vision, nice shot with a very quick release, and creative, sees the ice very well.

ES, he's at best a 5 guy and will always need a stay at home guy to play with, but most offensive defensemen are like this. Having said that, more and more lately he's doing a good job along the boards and in front of the net.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote