View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 09:58 AM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Big challenge tonight for Reasoner's line and for slow footed defenders. I bet the Oilers get more than one obstruction hooking call.
The plus two boys in the home opener, Ferggy & Berggy, could have a much bigger challenge on their skates tonight. Although I have never thought MAB has ever suffered from questionable foot speed Stay @ Home Scott can sometimes impersonate a pylon. As well, toiling against the bigger&better forwards that the 'Nucks can ice might pose a size matchup problem for this pairing. Hense, possible penalty problems.

The fact that Ferguson usually plays within himself, is consistent, tough & gritty, and will do anything to help the team win has always made me a supporter. Character is a rare commodity but matchups are the coaches' domain. If Semenov is itching to unload his best shots, and most of the time without using that long stick of his, and everywhere on the ice, maybe some press box persceptive won't hurt another defender's intensity.

I know that tinkering with a winning lineup is tricky but who said coaching would be a walk in Lord Stanley's park. So if size, really doesn't matter, lets hope the motion of the ocean will prove out if Coach Craig stands pat with the opening night's roster. I might be tempted to sit Brewer and put Ferggy with Staois, Cross with MAB, Semenov with Smith with the proviso these two stay at home defensively at all times. So that's my story and am sticking to it.

Oh and I predict RMP will find there stride but only if Moreau doesn't take any dumb penalties. Ya' always keep me thinking there lowetide!