Thread: Confirmed with Link: Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Wickedtune

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
1. Kunitz-Crosby works. Why is that not good enough for you?

2. Staal-Crosby didn't work. Malone-Crosby didn't work. Crosby with power forwards doesn't work. And don't bring up Tangradi in the preseason. The preseason means nothing. If Kunitz-Crosby works, and Neal-Crosby seems unlikely to work, why waste the time? Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

3. Malone-Malkin did work. Staal-Malkin did work (with Staal on the wing, anyway). I also think it's insane to pass up something that probably wouldn't work to try something that probably wouldn't.

In conclusion, Neal should play on Malkin's left wing.
Well, personally, if Sid comes back I think he and Kunitz should play together again, it took awhile but the finally seemed to develop good chemistry, so unless Neal-Staal falls completely flat, I don't know that I want to see Neal play with Sid. And if we want Staal to play the part of second line center, I think he needs more help than Sid so if Sid comes back this year:

Kunitz - Crosby- Sterling/Jeffrey/Dupuis*
Neal-Staal-Kennedy
Cooke-Letestu-Connor/Dupuis/Asham
Rupp- Talbot -Adams

*I would like to see Sterling and/or Jeffrey given a shot with Crosby, as both have move of a scoring touch. But if it doesn't work we could fall back on having Dupuis there again, provided we don't acquire another winger of course.

Next year I think the logical first try would be to have Kunitz stay with Crosby and Neal play with Malkin, regardless of whether or not Malkin is centering the line, or playing RW on the line with Staal centering it.