View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 09:11 PM
kivaerijo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Suter/injuries will likely be blamed, but this team isn't good enough. This team does not have the offense to be a force in the playoffs. Our defense and goaltending is great but if the team cannot generate enough offensive pressure to help the defense out. The team spends too much time chasing the puck in their own zone, only to dump it out and then have to do a line change. The inability for the offense to keep the puck in the offensive zone further hurts the offensive ability of our defensemen.

Sullivan and Dumont are wastes of money and roster spots. Both are done. Svatos is beyond terrible. Wilson is inconsistent and makes too many turnovers. Hornqvist works hard but isn't getting results. Probably due to lines / chemistry. Fisher is a great player but assets should have been used on a scorer. Erat and Legwand's salary should have been spent better.
you're right. we wont be a force in the playoffs. we wont be cup favorites, and probably wont ever in my lifetime. accept that, and things get a little better. What we do have though is a legitimate shot at winning every year..for the hate of poile and trotz, they give me as a fan a glimmer of hope every year because we get in, or have a chance to get in to the playoffs at the end of every year.

could you imagine being a team like edmonton? watching games since the 2nd month that mean absolutely nothing!? I cant. i am greatfull that i get to go to games that at least means something every year. We have a chance every year..as a fan, thats all I ask for, and need. How long has it been since the packers won last? 20 years or so? If the predators win the stanley cup in my lifetime..that would be great, but I dont expect it. It isnt easy to do you know. Not a slight at ownership/team/mgmt/fans. Its just not something that everyone gets to witness.

as far as your second post...you're right again..lets get rid of all of them! bring up guys from the ahl to finish out the season. These are the guys we have boys..dont give up on em. they will give us a chance again this year (or at least enertain us as fans)

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote