View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 09:14 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
This is nothing new about this team or this franchise. We play well for stretches than look like complete and utter crap for stretches. The only thing that's been relatively good or consistent has been Rinne, much like when we had Vokoun. While losing Suter sucks, we should not have looked as disorganized as we did out there tonight. Abysmal is about the only thing I can say about this performance.

It's been a good month since we've seen the effective aggressive two man forecheck that we had when we were playing relatively well.

I'd rather have Mueller and Halischuk out there than Sully and Dumont. They have wheels and get after people. They play a simple game. Wilson needs to be back with Legwand and Hornqvist as they all have looked like crap since they've been put on different lines. Trotz has no clue where to use Fisher just yet. The PP is back to its old self in that we're looking to pass more than get the puck to the net. We also don't have the ability or willingness to lay a body on anybody.

The only thing that's consistent is our inconsistency. While I held out hope that this year would be different, I'm starting to lose that feeling. I wish we'd either decide to be good or bad but this good/bad roller coaster needs to stop. Either suck or be good but this Jeckyl and Hyde thing needs to stop for my sake and everyone else's for that matter.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote