View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Statistically? Because apparently we're supposed to "look at the statistics." And hardware.
Ehh... I myself have never been a big fan at looking solely at the statistics. Statistics are important but they have to be put in context. I would have said that Giguere was probably "elite" in his prime. He was a consistent top 5 / top 10 goalie in the NHL and probably the best goaltender in the playoffs. Won a Conn Smythe on the losing side, which is practically unheard of that is how special his performance was. Problem with him is that he lose his relevance over the last few years and he isn't that old. Between 01-02 and 07-08 he was fantastic. He hasn't aged too well, thus far, but then again he played pretty well for a sub-par Toronto team last year.

Lundqvist is definitely an elite goaltender. I never understand the haters. They look at a .909SV% from tonight but not the quality saves he made and when he made them. After Wolski, Lundqvist was the biggest difference maker. I think people can even make the argument that Lundqvist was player of the game.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote