View Single Post
Old
02-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Giggy was most certainly elite. No longer, obviously. He's much older than Henrik. Same with Khabibulin. He had the misfortune of playing for terrible teams. Kinda like Richter. I have no idea what they have to do with the conversation. Luongo and Fluery are currently elite because they are having phenomnal seasons and a prior history as well. Lundqvist has neither

Luongo was a Pearson finalist in 2004 while playing for Florida. He was also the Vezina runner-up that year. The 2004 Panthers were as good as the 1991 Nordiques. The 1991 Nordiques, however, didnt have Luongo. That's why he was a Pearson finalist

He was a Hart Finalist -- Runner up actually. He's got four top-5 SVPCT seasons. Lundqvist only has one. Luongo made 2nd all-NHL twice. Henrik none.

Fluery is having an outstanding season this year. He's doing it without Crosby and Malkin. He's 3rd in wins, 5th in GAA and 7th in SVPCT. When you go to back-to-back SCF and win a Cup, you dont need to validate yourself, but Fluery's play this year has done so.

Lundqvist has nothing on his resume besides a Gold medal and two 1st round wins.

The Rangers are a playoff team right now with Lundqvist on pace for his worst statistical season of his career. His backup has a better GAA and SVPCT in 17 games. He;s actaully deserving of more starts.

I know it's blasphemy to the under-21 crowd that Henrik's shortcomings are pointed out. Too bad. The guy is a very good goalie but somewhat overrated. This will be his third straight year where he won't be a Vezina finalist.

Until I see Lundqvist, or any goalie for that matter, win a Cup, win a Hart, win a Vezina or carry a team from wire to wire and get acknowldged globally for it, then they cant be considered elite, even for a short period

This is a weak era for goaltending. i dont know why. It is what it is.

I will acknowledge that he is a franchise goalie, and I certainly think he is the biggest reason why the organization in no longer an eight-year laughing stock. But until he takes it to the next level, at the very least getting to the CF, he can't be considered elite.
worst statistical season?

his sv% is 920.

the previous seasons?

so its actually just a hair under his best statistical season by SV %

GAA? 2.37
Previous years?

so actually its right smack in the middle of his previous years

Shutouts? 7

Previous years?

2nd best of his career, and possibly may equal or better his previous best.

Did ya even look at the stats before you made this post brah?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote