View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 11:41 AM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Didn't see the game, just highlights. But from what I can get from the Rangers fans I talked to here and outsidethegarden.com Lindros played his crash-and-bang style for about two shifts before returning to his useless perimeter style.

But quite frankly, I just don't think his linemates are all that spectacular. Carter is a good forward, and talented, but he isn't ever going to be the guy who scores the game-winner or energizes his teammates. There's a reason Lowe traded him, you know.

Rucinsky at this stage will add scoring depth to a team's third line--he's not top line material anymore and hasn't been since his Montreal days. He's not physical enough or fast enough to make the big plays.

But bottom line, this team has no energy because it's TOO OLD. No prospects on the roster means there's no youth, no spark for the veterans. Remember last year when MacInnis had a career year in St. Loo? He credited playing alongside Barrett Jackman with his resurgence.

Fedor Tjutin scored two goals when the Wolfpack was down. The Pack ended up tying, but they didn't give up and Fedor was clutch. Yet he was sent down to Hartford because Slats thinks Bouchard, Kasparaitis, and Purinton are better!? Give me a break.

Sorry. Ranted a little off-subject.
Up until the last two preseason games, Tjutin was terrible. He was sent down within reason and it's probably for the better since he would not be getting much ice time playing here.