View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
Really I do not think it is lopsided right now. The trade came from both teams strengths to address weakness. We got two players, one that is pretty much a shoe in to be good, and a young reclamation project.

The only way I see it being lopsided is if Niskanen can return to rookie year form. If he does... Then oh holy crap... We robbed Dallas on that trade. If he doesn't then its fairly even.
To be clear, I wasn't implying that I thought it was lopsided, moreso that is what the public seems to think. I certainly hope they're right, but Gogo has shown all the tools to be an excellent offensive defenseman. To me, the main question with Goligoski is this: how much room does a 25 year old player have to grow? Perhaps more importantly, will he develop the consistency required to fulfill the role that Dallas is going to ask of him? Can he handle playing big minutes in a tough division featuring the likes of Kopitar and Getzlaf? Those are big boys. Tonight Dallas put him on the top pairing with Robidas, I'd hope that's just a product of Grossman being out. He can't handle those kinds of minutes just yet.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out from both sides - I plan on watching a lot more Stars games than usual now. Looking back on it, I don't recall having that same desire to watch more Ducks game following the Whitney trade.