View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
One of his better lines this season was Legwand centering Wilson and Hornqvist. Since Sully has been back we have hardly seen it.

As far as you saying we've been playing without certain guys, we've played without Lombardi all season except for a game and a half, I think we've learned to play without him. Before O'Reilly went down, we were playing without him because he was mired in a slump. Losing Bouillon put Sulzer into the lineup which isn't much of a change either way. Goc has been in and out and that one is probably the one that hurts the most but at the end of the day, Goc is a good third line center being asked to play a higher role in our system. Fisher has found no chemistry with anyone he's been paired with.

I know injuries suck and there's been constant juggling but Trotz has no issue benching or moving someone down the depth chart like Dumont but he's been out there skating hard, actually playing the body, doing what is asked of him while Sully comes back, injured, goes out, stinks up the joint and can't get anything done on a top 6 line. It sickens me that there is loyalty to certain players yet no forgiveness to time of ice for others. The inconsistency stinks from top to bottom.

And for what it's worth, injuries have no bearing on effort and playing hard. Like I said earlier, when Halischuk and Mueller were here they were skating hard every shift and while the results may or may not be amazing, I'd rather watch kids who play hard than guys who go out there and just go through the motions.
Agree. But Sullivan is veteran, so Wilson gets bumped. This has seemed to be the case many times. Production for Legwand and Wilson has dropped since this change.
Also Wilson got bumped from PP last night putting Svatos on #1 PP, and Dumont in Wilson #2 spot.
I will say, Wilson looked good at center though. He and Spaling were strongest on faceoffs last night, actually Smithson, Fisher, and Legwand were awful.
Also saw 3 times Wilson backcheck ( covering for pinching D ), and break up the play.
He needs to produce offence, but with the system this team plays and all the line changes, loses any chemistry that was there.
I thought Blum looked good out there. He did not look nervous, and I thought played solidly.
All in all, a real stinker and lets hope your team can come back from this one with avengance!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote