View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Some good stuff in the Daily Debate today about the Kings from Lebrun and Burnside, regarding Richards, Neal, Stasny, Hemsky and Booth.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-trade-market
I like Richards, he is more versatile, and can actually play the point unlike Stoll, but not at the price of Schenn, even with a signed contract. I don't think Richards signs a contract with LA anyways. Right now, I think we should just hold out till the deadline and see if we can't get some of these teams to come off their high horse and deal some of these other players like Booth or Hemsky. They aren't going to get the price they are asking for, and both players have injury histories. If they don't trade them now, they will likely garner less next year, especially Hemsky since he is turning into a rental. I think Edmonton can be dealt with, but Dean needs to open the coffers a little and shell out some prospects like Hickey or Teubert, in a recent blog (maybe McKenzie?) it was said that he was unwilling to deal his top prospects. I have a hard time believing Edmonton doesn't cave if you put like a 1st + Moller + Hickey out there and wait for the deadline.

The odds aren't good enough to bet on, but I think Hemsky is the guy, hopefully a deal gets done.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller