View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Blue Line Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Fleury and Luongo arent mired in month-long slumps. Why would they be benched?

It's kinda odd how you get on Lundqvist for having slumps, then choose Luongo and Fleury of all goalies as elite. Both known for being inconsistent. Fleury lost his starting job to Johnson for what, 10 straight games or something earlier in the year?
And I'm not 100% sure on if Schneider took the job from Luongo for any length of time, but I do remember some main board threads about Schneider outplaying Luongo for a while. And I'm sure you know how bad Luongo is at the start of every year. It's well documented. I know Hank doesn't always start the season at his best, but Luongo is just BAD for the first I think 2 months of every season.

Anyway just pointing out Fleury and Luongo have both had long stretches of poor play, and their backups got more starts. The difference is they're both on good enough teams where they can just play their backups for 10 straight games. Torts realizes for the team to have any chance he's got to get Hank at his best, and he has been better the last 3 or so games. Biron has been solid as a backup but he was BAD as a starter.

I don't know why you think slumps are exclusive to Hank but every goalie has them.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote