View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 12:03 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Trig, you can equate it to the Devils. Lemaire leaves, they bring in McLean, they suck. They bring back Lemaire but are playing a different system than last year and what McLean was employing and they've been on a tear. Lemaire is a great coach in that he sees what his roster is and makes changes accordingly. Trotz takes a roster and tries to mash them in to roles that just don't fit. Lemaire in particular talked about Kovy and said you don't play a dump and chase game with a guy like him, you let the thoroughbred show his skills. One, it makes Kovy, two it allows the players to do what they do best. We take guys and play such a strict system that they are so focused on it that one, it's not fun and two, it stifles any sort of creativity. Look at the PP as a perfect example. For the last bunch of years the PP has struggled. There is talk of change yet it doesn't happen.

Trotz to me has never had the ability or willingness to make changes as much as he should and the changes he does use make us all scratch our head. While it's amazing to see what Trotz can do over an 82 game schedule, we aren't going to get over the hump with him as the head coach. I can't say that for sure obviously but he hasn't done anything to make me go, yeah, this is the year we get to the second round of the playoffs. Until someone or something is changed about the staff or the system, these conversations will continue to happen.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote