View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I am going to say this again, because frankly I am still amazed to see it. When we drafted Subban there were doubts he would ever make a good NHL defenseman because he supposedly was a "defensive liability".

Well don't look now, but the Montreal Canadiens' shutdown defenseman is PK Subban. He played the most minutes on the penalty kill last night, almost 7mins out of 9:50 we were shothanded and drew the assignment against the Sedins. The kid plays 27-30 minutes night in and night out against the opposition top offensive line. Defensive Liability my ass. And to think he is only 21.
If Markov and Gorges were playing all season, we would be seeing a different Subban right now. Gorges would be the same good ol' reliable heart & soul type of defenseman with Gill, and Subban would learn the game under Markov.

With Markov, he also would've had a few more points (along with the rest of the top 6), and I assume he would be focusing more on offence and less on defence.

With Markie and Gorges gone though, he now has the responsibility of being the main offensive defenseman on the team, and by virtue of simply being paired with Gill, taking a Gorges-like shutdown D role. All the while being a 21 year-old rookie playing in the craziest hockey market in the world.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote