View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would say the inconsistencies throughout the season could be attributed to the players getting away from the style they play successfully, and, thus, reverting back to their defense-first game. That wouldn't explain inconsistencies in the past with almost completely different rosters.

I'm not yet smart enough with the x's and o's of the game to critique his coaching style while being able to add theories as to how to improve it.
I'm more referring to the lack of offense. I think Trotz system doesn't allow for any offensive flow. I think part of the problem is lack of ice time. Our highest ranking player (Mike Fisher excluded) at forward for ice time in the league, David Legwand, ranked 103, which means he's on par with most 3rd liners icetime. Erat is next at 111. Colin Wilson is 4th in scoring from the forwards yet his ice time, is 11th, pretty bad right? Then you look at SK, ranked 1st in scoring, 10th in TOI/G. At ES, SK moves up and is ranked 9th, behind Joel Ward.....

Even when we were scoring with Kariya, Sullivan, etc, it was more scores off the rush than it was from cycling and generating chances addiditional chances.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=p...OIPerGame&pg=4

Last edited by triggrman: 02-23-2011 at 02:06 PM.
triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote