wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Lots of sweet, yummy goodness on Hagelin, here:

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/hagelin-feature

Much more at the link above.
Awesome, this is the best part for those of you that remember his violin celebration during the outdoor game:

Quote:
It was four years after racing up his first set of stairs as a Wolverine.

Eight minutes into the second period and the Wolverines led 2-0. Off a faceoff in the Michigan State zone and on the power play, Brandon Burlon ripped a laser from the point that bounced off Drew Palmisano’s pads.

On the rebound, Carl put it over Palmisano and the crowd went crazy.

He was in the right place at the right time — literally to the right of a sprawled out goaltender.

Skating around the back of the goal, he threw his hands up in celebration. He lifted his left leg, extended his left arm and used his stick as the bow of a violin, sliding it back and forth across his arm four times before his teammates bombarded him against the glass.

Carl had just scored his eighth goal of the season, and this one was not only in front of his entire family and all his friends, both adorned in custom-made maize jerseys with Sweden on the front and Hagelin on the back — it was in front of a world record crowd.

“Two of my cousins (came from Sweden) and one of them said ‘You should do the violin, (Axel) would’ve loved it,’ ” Carl said. “So we talked before, and said ‘That would be great, my dad would’ve loved if you did that.’ We were kind of joking around then. But when I scored, I felt like that was the right thing to do.

For those few seconds as his stick was used in celebration, the goal wasn’t just about hockey. For Carl, the violin was something much bigger — it was about family and heritage.

It was about where he came from and where he’s going.

It was about Carl Axel.

“His cousin told me, with tears in his eyes … that (Carl’s celebration) was something for his uncle,” Turner said.