View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 02:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I'm more referring to the lack of offense. I think Trotz system doesn't allow for any offensive flow. I think part of the problem is lack of ice time. Our highest ranking player (Mike Fisher excluded) at forward for ice time in the league, David Legwand, ranked 103, which means he's on par with most 3rd liners icetime. Erat is next at 111. Colin Wilson is 4th in scoring from the forwards yet his ice time, is 11th, pretty bad right? Then you look at SK, ranked 1st in scoring, 10th in TOI/G. At ES, SK moves up and is ranked 9th, behind Joel Ward.....

Even when we were scoring with Kariya, Sullivan, etc, it was more scores off the rush than it was from cycling and generating chances addiditional chances.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=p...OIPerGame&pg=4
That's what I meant by inconsistency. Last year we definitely saw inconsistent defense, but for the most part we've been pretty tight in our own end. It's the offense that seems to come and go in waves. When we're scoring we can light teams up for several games in a row, but then we lose the touch. At that point it seems as though the entire team concentrates too much on stopping the other team. Maybe it's a lack of confidence because the scoring bug has left.

Just tossing out theories here. Like I said, I'm not a hockey expert. Until a few seasons ago I never really thought about the game analytically. I always just knew the rules and enjoyed the games rather than trying to learn where the left winger should be on the backcheck in a particular situation. I'm probably off base with my ideas.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote