Thread: Trade proposal
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2005, 09:33 PM
MePutPuckInNet

vCash: 500
Nope.

I've got a different proposal in mind. I hope DR is on the phone with the peeps in Florida right now. Cuz in my opinion, the next best thing to getting Crosby in this draft....would be trading the #4 pick to either the Lightening or the Panthers. This would give the Wild a shot at not just one, but two very skilled players - since this is a pretty decent draft for about the first 1 1/2 rounds.

That way, they could end up grabbing Latendresse AND Cogliano. Or maybe Smolenak and Cogliano, or maybe Smolenak and Syvret, or maybe Shirokov and Smolenak......

For sure, the Wild need skill. I'd rather have two very skilled players than one supposed "great one" or even greatish.

Greatness is over-rated....and oddly enough, it seems that skills are highly undervalued much of the time.

So.....yeah, go ahead flame away.....I'm ready for you.

[ps - on second thought, maybe Shirokov wouldn't be a great pick as there's a slight bit of uhhhh...."ill will" between he and a certain other Wild prospect - but, that make for some rocking good conflicts during practice, so it might be worth doing just for that alone].